Pages

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Napa Valley Marathon


We're becoming crazy runners.

Up until five months ago, I'd only ever done two marathons, both of which were over five years ago, and Alex had never done anything over 14ish.  We had nothing definite on the horizon, though I do admit I was keeping my eye on both the Nike Women's Marathon and the North Face Endurance Challenge 50k.  Then, we won entries into the Nike Women's Marathon.  And, then, I found myself signing up for the North Face Endurance Challenge with four of my good friends.

Alex and I hadn't even come down from the Nike Women's Marathon before we'd already signed up for our first race of 2011:  the 33rd Annual Napa Valley Marathon.  (I give credit for this crazy to Jordi, though the sheer number of our friends already signed up was a big factor.)

On March 6th Alex and I will join many of our friends on the starting line in Callistoga and make our way, by foot, the 26.2 miles to Napa.

We're both motivated to train for the lofty 3-hour marathon goal.  It'll be tough and require a lot of focus and determination over the next 80 days.  Now, to start, we just have to keep Alex's IT band healthy and get in some good, long, fast runs!

So many of our friends will be there that it's guaranteed to be a good time.  Join us?!

No comments:

Post a Comment