All dressed up for a joint six-month anniversary dinner we had with our friends Lauren and James.
In a few more days, Alex and I will be celebrating six months of marriage. We can proudly say that we're caught up on thank yous (though I would still like to make a little something for the little elves that took me to wine country, fed me brunch the day of the wedding, and dolled me up for the ceremony), but we've done little else to memorialize our wedding - no eloquent blog posts summarizing the ceremony from our perspective, no scrap books filled with mementos of the engagement and wedding weekend, and no photo albums filled with the wonderful photos taken by our friends and our professional photographer. All in due time though, right?
We had an early celebration this weekend with our friends Lauren and James, who married in early June. They cooked a wonderful multi-course meal highlighted by two-tone soup, portobello mushrooms topped with blue-cheese delightfulness, and a heavenly almond cake sprinkled with anniversary pearls. All we had to do was show up dressed to the nines with a cheese plate. I'm on a sheep's milk cheese kick thanks to Luella, Alex's stepmom, and I have been very pleased with my choices, especially those chosen for this meal. We also brought some homemade bread and fig jam to fancy up our cheese plate (since we knew Lauren would out do herself with the rest of the meal). All in all it was a great evening.
No comments:
Post a Comment