Pages

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Nike Women's Marathon

26.2 miles through SF

After our Sawyer Camp run with PARC this morning, I asked Alex to join me for a Nike event at the Nike Running store in the Stanford mall at noon. I missed my old Nike Club Run LA days, and I wanted to see what Nike was doing this year for the Nike Women's Marathon up here in SF. It turned out that the event was a short three mile run followed by a raffle. There was a decent size group there of people who were following the Nike van around to all of its events trying to win entry into the sold out marathon. Alex and I joined in, adding a few more very slow miles to our daily total, and then we hung out for the raffle. Alex had already proclaimed that he never won raffles, and I wasn't even worried about winning - I was just enjoying being part of the Nike scene again. When it came time to pull the grand prize, a free entry into this year's Nike Women's Marathon, we were both astounded to hear them call out Alex's name. He won! He then gave the entry to me (what a generous guy!), so I will now be running the Nike Women's Marathon in October. It'll be fun to train with Alex, my friend Colleen who was already signed up for the NWM, and our friends who are training for the Chicago marathon, which is that same weekend.

12 weeks to go to get in some decent miles...

No comments:

Post a Comment