Pages

Thursday, February 24, 2011

A (Somewhat) Anonymous Sewing Blog

I've been cheating on this blog.

A few weeks ago I wrote about participating in an online Sew-Along hosted by another blogger, Male Pattern Boldness.  To get the most out of the experience, I wanted to be able to write about my progress, post photos, and share with the others in the Sew-Along.  But, I didn't want to share anything personal.  When I thought about linking to this blog, I thought about how much random happenings I write about, and it felt creepy to potentially share all of that with strangers right now.  There are plenty of bloggers out there who write about their life for everyone to read, but I've realized that I don't tend to follow those people in my reader unless they're friends.  So, I figure that means I should make efforts to not become one of them.

MPB started a Flickr group for the Sew-Along, which should have been enough to chat with the fellow seamsters, but my excitement carried me further:  a new, (somewhat) anonymous sewing blog.

Anyway, the real point of this story is to say that Alex was one of the feature photos in MPB's daily post today!  And, he's giving all of the MPB readers a hug!  And, and, and, my (somewhat) anonymous sewing blog was given a bit of link love!

If you want to see what's going on in the world of sewing in our little apartment, here's my (somewhat) anonymous sewing blog:  sewwell.wordpress.com.

And, for those of you happy over here with no need for extra sewing, I'll still share with you the picture of Alex that greeted many sewing fans this morning:

Alex showing off the as-finished-as-its-going-to-be muslin for the men's shirt Sew-Along.

No comments:

Post a Comment