This weekend left me feeling a lot of pride for my little family. First, Alex and I made a big decision as a married couple - to keep Old Blue (as the tow truck driver named Alex's car) going. As I'm sure you can imagine when a tow truck driver names your car (he actually named both of our cars - mine was Silver Bullet), it's a long story. But, the moral is that together Alex and I decided that there's at least a little more life left in Old Blue.
Second, Alex raced well this weekend. Despite not having run much for two weeks because of a pain he was having in his knee (which developed during our 20-mile date run), he toed the line eager to race. He wanted to run 6 minute-per-mile pace, and that's exactly what he did. Unfortunately, about five miles in his knee started to hurt. He pushed for another mile-and-a-half to see if he could run through it, but he realized that a good 10k was all that his knee could take. I'm very proud of him not only for pushing as hard as he did, that extra mile-and-a-half showed determination, but also for listening to his body.
Right on pace at mile four.

No comments:
Post a Comment