These four blankets were divided between my friend from high school who's having twin girls, my co-worker who's having a boy, and my friend who has a two-year-old girl. Also, I just found out about three more friends having babies, so there will be more of these blankets here pretty soon!
The jacket Susanne started a long while ago for a tailoring class. I attached the sleeves, finished the buttonholes, added the buttons, and removed the massive amount of basting threads that showed just how much time and care Susanne had put into starting this jacket.
The pincushion I made in sewing class. I used scraps of many of the fabrics from the past year, so it's a bit of a memory pincushion. It also has an attached scrap bag with a tiny little pocket inside. I'm keeping my seam ripper (the handiest of gadgets) in the little pocket and using the bag itself for a trash near my sewing machine.
I currently have several projects mid-construction. To read more about them, check out my sewing blog.




What adorable baby blankets Amy!! You make me want to get pregnant just to get one of those......okay maybe not that bad. :) Love the jacket too. so fitting on you!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Dawn!
ReplyDeleteCael's not too old to get his own blanket. Does he have a favorite animal and color? If so, I'll sew him one while I'm sewing one for Jane and Jess.