Pages

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Science in San Diego


I am currently in sunny San Diego for conference on neuroscience.  I am a bit overwhelmed by the depth and breadth that is biology, but my brain is rapidly processing what I need to store and calculating where my interests could take me in the future.

I gave the first talk of my scientific career as well.  It was a ten-minute talk to an audience of scientists interested in the receptors that transduce touch.  My talk was filled with more structures and amino acids than most here are probably used to, but from my perspective, it went well.  

The hotel I was staying at while here was a converted bank from the 1920s.  The old vaults were on display, and I couldn't help but marvel at the thickness of the doors...


...and the display of old safety deposit boxes.


I catch my SuperShuttle here in a few moments, so wish me safe travels!

No comments:

Post a Comment