Pages

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Our Wedding: The Welcome Party

After the rehearsal, Alex, our families, and I headed to the Linden Row Inn for a welcome party for all of our guests that was thrown by Alex's mom, Susanne, and Bob.

Immediately when we arrived in the party suite, I got to meet a little more of Alex's family, his cousin Evie and her boyfriend Kyle. I had heard a lot about them, but I hadn't gotten a chance to meet these two before that day. We chatted as Groovin' Gourmet set out the food and drinks. Then we greeted guests as they arrived.

For me, that was the highlight - meeting friends and family and greeting our guests. Having people there to celebrate us was so uplifting. As friends and family walked into the suite, even if just for a quick hello, I got giddy. It was real. The wedding was happening. And, all of these people were here to witness it. They were here for us. It was huge, and it was awesome.

In my opinion, the party was a massive success. Not only because I thoroughly enjoyed myself, but also because I think it really helped set a good tone for the wedding weekend. People mingled, met other guests, grabbed a bite to eat to fend off the hunger pangs of travel, and generally seemed to enjoy themselves. I don't have much evidence in photos, but thanks to Bob, I do have these two shots.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks to Susanne and Bob for arranging this evening party! Excellent food and drinks.

    ReplyDelete