
Yesterday was my mom's birthday. All week I was planning to send her some flowers from Tommy's Garden, the florist who's doing the flowers for Alex's and my wedding. But, because of work and the time difference, I kept forgetting to call. At one point I almost ordered something online, but I held off because I wanted to actually speak with the people there since I wanted to gain more of a personal connection with the wedding florist.
Unfortunately, by the time I got around to remembering to call during business hours, it was 10 am here in California the day of my mom's birthday. That means it was 1 pm in Virginia! I spoke with a really nice woman on the phone, and I asked her if I was too late to send out some flowers that day. She said I was because they'd already made their deliveries to that part of Richmond but that they'd be happy to send out flowers the next day. I was so sad! I couldn't believe I'd missed my opportunity. I told her that tomorrow wouldn't really work because today was my mom's birthday and that I was hoping to send her flowers from Tommy's Garden because they were doing the flowers for my wedding. The amazing woman on the phone said, "Hold on." After a little bit of talking in the background, she came back on the line to say that they could make it happen! And, a couple hours later my mom received the blooming pink azalea topiary above.
How wonderful is our florist?! Thanks Tommy's Garden!
No comments:
Post a Comment