Pages

Monday, April 12, 2010

13.1 miles is a really long way to race.


Yesterday Alex and I raced in the Santa Cruz Half Marathon with Ryan, Jordi, Felix, and Justin. We were cheered on by some awesome spectators - Laura, Nuria, Richard, and Beth (thanks!). Though I was in no way ready for such a long race, I went out and decided to have fun. Unfortunately, fun for me seems to mean running in third place for the first half of the race and then dying for the second half of the race. Everyone did really well though despite the difficulties of the course and the crazy wind coming in from the nearby storm (which fortunately hit minutes after we'd all finished). Ryan was our top guy in 1:23, Alex, Jordi, and Justin came in at 1:26 (Alex and Jordi finished together - how cute!), Felix finished in 1:32, and I came through at 1:34. We finished the morning with hot chocolate and breakfasty foods in Los Gatos.

In the world of wedding, Alex and I are currently lost in the land of invitations. Printing and cutting and painting, oh my!

No comments:

Post a Comment