Pages

Sunday, November 15, 2009

My First DIY Wedding Project

Alex and I are not planning on having a bridal party in our wedding. No sea of bridesmaids and groomsmen at the front of the ceremony wearing matching pink and black outfits, respectively. That doesn't mean that we won't be depending on our family and friends to help make the evening magical. We just don't want full-time attendants. That also doesn't mean that we don't want to honor our families. We still want to show them off, which has led me to my first do-it-yourself wedding project: fabric flowers for each of the women in our families.


Fabric flowers are all the wedding rage right now. I smile to think that that means they'll be so-2010 in five years, but I hope that'll just make me smile more then. I personally like them because I think they fit well into our garden wedding. We're hoping to capitalize on the beauty of the garden and bring it into the ceremony and reception in a way that won't involve lots of waste. I imagine the fabric flowers being worn as corsages or hair pieces the day of the wedding and then being added to our female family members' wardrobe accessories when they get home.

I got the idea from Ms. Martha Stewart. Find the templates and how-to instructions here.

No comments:

Post a Comment