Pages

Monday, January 10, 2011

Weekend Celebrations

Alex and I spent the weekend in Santa Barbara celebrating the holidays with Alex’s family.  Thanks to the joint birthdays of Alex’s sister and Alex’s aunt, we were lovingly surrounded not only by immediate family but also by grandparents and aunts and uncles and cousins.

Besides time with family, the highlight for me was the food.  We had a nice dinner out; we enjoyed a wonderful meal made by Ellie; we devoured an enormous stack of Dennis’s crepes; and, finally, we feasted on Luella’s famous lemon poppy seed and chocolate cake combo, which had for me been but lore until this past weekend.

I made a small Frenchy bag for Alex’s sister for her birthday, so that makes three small Frenchy bags made, three small Frenchy bags given for birthdays. I used the same Burberry fabric, but this time instead of using the same tan thread I’d used for the previous bags I tried contrasting black topstitching.  I liked it, but it did draw more attention to places where the stripes weren’t quite set straight.

Thanks to our family for a wonderful weekend.  Until the next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment