Pages

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Thoughts on Flowers

One of my favorite things about getting married in a garden is that Alex and I will be surrounded by flowers--flowers that won't have to be transported to and from the wedding and wilt after a few days time. But, what about bouquets, boutonnieres, table centerpieces, and decorations? Honestly, I'd like to keep all of that at a minimum. In fact, I've always said I didn't want to purchase any flowers other than a bouquet. But, in the realization that I can't DIY all of the table centerpieces when I live 3,000 miles away from the wedding location, I came up with this inspiration board in time for my mom's meeting with a potential florist this week.


Most of the images above came from 100 Layer Cake and Once Wed with a few exceptions like the bouquet and the rosemary.

After scouring the bazillion wedding blogs out there (focusing mostly on two blogs, as you can tell by my links above), I realized that I lean towards bright colored flowers in low, simple arrangements, and I imagine them being surrounded by lots of candles. I would like the bouquet to be made of the same colors, but in much more subtle and pale varieties. I have no idea what's in season in late June, but I imagine that will dictate a lot of the choice in flowers and whether or not the above is even feasible. But, it's summer, right? And, we're in a garden. So, I can't imagine why we wouldn't be able to have some semblance of the above at the reception.

I guess I'll have to wait and see what my mom says the florist says...

And, how much flowers really cost in wedding land.

No comments:

Post a Comment